Prof. Dr. Alexander J. Wurzer
Protecting Digital Solutions with Intellectual Property Management
In this keynote session, you can expect applicable knowledge about best practices for intellectual property protection and real-world examples of business model development with intellectual property. Learn how to sustainably protect your innovation success in the digital era in to create added value in your company.
Prof. Wurzer, expert on IP-Management, will discuss in detail how to protect the look and design of furniture and natural alpine wood decor with IP. He will explain how Schattdecor has addressed this challenge and used a smart digital watermark that can identify counterfeit products to protect their business.
Another topic will be the efficient use of resources and energy, which is particularly important for the lighting industry. Here, Prof. Wurzer will explain how Signify has created a licensing program for lighting solutions that helps customers use light more efficiently in various scenarios, from interactive offices to smart home solutions.
About the speaker
- Professor of IP-Management at CEIPI University of Strasbourg(Intellectual Property Law and Management)
- Head of the Steinbeis Transfer Institute for Intellectual Property Management of the Steinbeis Academy
- Managing Partner of WURZER & KOLLEGEN GmbH (company for strategic IP management)
- Chairman of the DIN committees DIN 77006 for quality in IP management and DIN 77100 for patent evaluation
- Member of the Board of the German Institute of Invention e. V. (D.I.E.) | Spokesman of the Board of Trustees of the Diesel Medal
- Fellow at the Alta Scuola Politecnica in Milan / Turin Polytechnic.
- Jury member of the German Innovation Award of the German Design Council
- Member of the IP Assessment Expert Group of the European Commission.